History

The beginning of tourism in Sa Calobra goes back to 1954, when our corporation (Name des Unternehmens wäre besser) bought 200 square meters along the street in order to build the first and only hotel in Sa Calobra. In 1957 the hotel and restaurant La Calobra was opened. It had 46 rooms on three floors, all with a view on the Mediterranean Sea or the wonderful gardens surrounding the building. The restaurant offered – like today – a menu, with typical Mallorquine dishes.

Thus it was possible to bring tourists to Sa Calobra, who could eat and drink or stay overnight, since the early 60s. Ever since the most popular excursion on the island is: to take the train from Palma to Soller, the streetcar to Port de Soller, and from there the boat to Sa Calobra.

Due to great demand a second restaurant was opened above the pedestrian area that leads into the nature resort of Torrent de Pareis.

In the same year the bar “Playa” which was operating since 1950, was reopened after remodeling.

And last but not least the Self-Service-Restaurant “Mar Azul” was opened to offer a little recreation to those tourists, who do not have much time.

For 25 years there even was a little kiosk directly at the Torrent de Pareis, which is closed now in order to keep the place natural.

Shortly after the hotel was closed due to lack of demand for hotel rooms and the restaurant “Sa Calobra” was opened on the 2nd floor, a spacious and bright room for large groups.

Over the years our corporation has adapted to tourism of the XXI century and always met the needs of tourist who booked the most popular excursion of the island. So today we offer menus for groups for 400 people as well as restaurants, where you eat a la carte, Self-Service, Snack-Bars, Cafeteria, Bars, small shops with souvenirs and ice cream for everybody who comes to see the one-of-a-kind Torrent de Pareis.